Question: How many times have we stumbled off to an early morning business trip – only to realize we are completely unorganized? Oftentimes, we take a fairly simple process and complicate it by committing the kinds of oversights that we would never tolerate in the office. Below are a few examples that might sound familiar to us all:
- The 5-minute shave, shower and shuffle
- The 4-minute pack ‘n’ push-off
- The 3-minute coffee – oatmeal – dash (of course, with chin crumbs in tow)
And we aren’t talking about an emergency business trip booked at 2-3 a.m. the morning of, but rather one typically planned 2-3 weeks ahead!
So, where does that leave us? For starters, let’s make this easier by taking a page out of the old book of common sense:
(1) Gentlemen: whenever possible, try to get your shave in the evening prior. And, if possible, take your shower too.
(2) The coffee maker should be set to auto-perk. It saves a big 5 minutes during crunch time, the aroma both serves as a back-up alarm clock and gets the morning juices flowing. Oh, and from a safety standpoint, this lessens the chance of a “rush/ spill” – resulting in third degree burns.
(3) Last – but never least – pack those bags the night before! If you need professional pointers (though experienced, I am hardly an expert!) on how to pack your clothing wrinkle-free and in good form, then click to: Packing to save space